Millicent Angulo


1. When I wore white shorts and sat on ketchup. Everyone thought I was on my period and I had to tie my sweatshirt around my waist.

2. One of them would have to be making it to my high school basketball team because I just moved and there was tough competition I didn't think I'd make it. Another one would have to be waking up my parents  at 3 am  to tell my them I got admitted to UC Santa Cruz. I was so happy to be accepted to a UC school up north.

3. When my dad bought a Wii and we all played it together as a family. I'm always happy when I'm with my family. Basketball at the park, watching Warriors games, those Wii nights...

4. When I was younger and one of my teachers told me that I couldn't handle AP Classes. It made it seems as if she didn't have hope in me.

5. Capable of handling and balancing sports and academics. Handling things I  thought I wasn't good enough to do and excelling in all of them.

6. HS made me realize that you shouldn't care what others think of you. When I moved here, I wanted to fit it in. However, as I saw other people around me at school I realized it's not important to fit in.

7. My parents, my dad works super long hours and it motivates me to stay focused and finish my education while my mom is kindhearted and caring, I inherited those traits to make sure to treat everyone equally and love everyone.

8. I'd manage my time better. I would study for the SAT and ACTs more and I tend to procrastinate even though I'm committed to what I do. I'm always late.

9. My SAT scores and AP Test results.

10. Being a failure in life. Not heights or clowns or anything like that.

11. Having a loving family, reliable friends. Talent (my dog). Anyone who shaped me to be the person that I am today.

12. Going to college at UC Santa Cruz. Moving back to the Bay Area and get a job where I'll be happy- a pediatrician, going to watch Warrior Games, give back to my family. That's what I'm going to do. One of my main objectives is to give back to my family for all they've done to me.

13. As someone who was always there for everyone. As someone who put all their effort in everything they did.


0 comments: