Jonathan Barreneche




What is the most embarrassing moment you have had in high school?
My most embarrassing moment in high school would probably be prom last year. I don't want to go into details!

What is your most memorable moment, either in or out of HS?
My most memorable moment in high school is most definitely being in FFA and serving as president. It opened up many doors to me and helped turn me into someone I was happy to be.

Can you tell me one of your happiest childhood memories?
One of my happiest childhood memories would be going to the drive in with my mom and I just remember falling asleep in the car halfway through the movie and being carried to my bed.

What has been your biggest hardship in life?
My biggest hardship in life is definitely figuring out how to play my cards right and make the right decisions. My parents are older than average and don't hold any retirement or investments so in a couple of years my life is going to be tough. My mission as of now is to do what I must to ensure the stability and safety of my parents.

What are you most proud of? Why?
I am most proud of how I have turned out as a person.

How has HS changed you?
Freshman year I was probably the shyest kid you know. Because of high school and FFA I grew out of my shell, opened up and realized that it wasn't who I was. I was confident, a leader, friendly, and optimistic. I just needed the initial push out the door to realize this.

Who has been the most influential person in your life? What did they teach you?
I would have to say myself. I've taken hundreds of hours out of my life of self research and exploration to uncover life's secrets. By understanding knowledge is the key to success there is no other choice. I've taught myself countless talents, whether its how to breed sheep, grow my own trees, or build computers.. I am always looking to better myself.

If you had the chance, what would you do differently in your life?
If I could do one thing differently I think it will have been to invest more time in hanging out with friends and going to school events. It really wasn't until senior year that I went to a party or a football game. Even though it's such a little event in the scope of things, I really feel that it is an important part/tradition of high school and any teenagers life.

What fictional character do you visualize yourself as?


What has been your biggest disappointment in life?
My inability to rid myself of procrastination. It is obviously a scarred characteristic that I have yet to shake off my back and it affects my mindset, success, and level-head every single day of my life.

What's your biggest fear?
Other than spiders it would have to be the fear of not succeeding. I am always worried that life is too short and I am doing everything I can, as fast as I can, to reach the climatic point of riches and success. I want it and I know it all takes time, but a part of me just wants it all right now.

What do you feel the most grateful for in your life?
I am most grateful for the opportunities I have as an American, especially one living in California and more specifically Santa Maria. Countless job opportunities surround the valley. We live in a beautiful area that many dream to go or live in. To know I have all this greatness to wake up to every morning is a real big eye opener and really sparks a flame in my ignition and creates a fuel driven ambition to do great things.

What are you doing after graduation?
After graduation I will be attending Allan Hancock College and transferring to Cal Poly SLO to major in Ag Communication and Education. In this time I also plan to learn and grow as much as possible in my financial knowledge. I will use this knowledge to minor in entrepreneurship and plan to grow into a big player on Wall Street. I also plan to be an agriculture teacher happily teaching. I would like to own a small vineyard and continue to breed and sell sheep.

How would you like to be remembered?
I want to be remembered as the man who taught and shared knowledge. I want to be the man who was there for you when no one else was. I want to be the one you always see smiling. I want to be known as strong and wise. The one who is kind and sincere and only wants the best for others and the world. I want to be known as "world's best dad," "husband," and "grandfather." I want to be the world's best businessman. The man with the best intentions. Not only his own but for the world. To be the one who donates his money and time into useful and important communities and organizations. The whole point of life is to be happy and extend your life experience and knowledge onto the rest of the world. I plan to do exactly that.

0 comments: