Marisol Zepeda




What is the most embarrassing moment you have had in high school?
Freshman year, I tripped going up the stairs and fell. I was carrying my books so I couldn't catch myself. Everyone around me started laughing.

What is your most memorable moment, either in or out of HS?
During my freshman year, my mother graduated from college with her Associate's Degree in Child Psychology. I was so proud to see her walking across the stage.

Can you tell me one of your happiest childhood memories?
Going to Disneyland and Seaworld with my family when I was ten, was one of my favorite memories. It was so much fun to see all the different sea creatures and go on many rides. I especially remember the shark exhibit.

What has been your biggest hardship in life?
My biggest hardship was losing my grandmother this year. My grandmother had lived with us for about seven years. I was extremely close to her. She always gave me advice and made me laugh. My house feels empty without her, but I know she is watching over me.

What are you most proud of? Why?
I am most proud of getting into six of the eight colleges that I applied to. I always dreamed about going to college, and getting accepted in college made me feel like my hard work paid off. I am especially happy about getting into Cal Poly because it was one of my top choices.

How has HS changed you?
High school has made me grow as a person. I have become more open minded. High school has also made me realize how fast time passes. I have also become more determined at achieving my goals.

Who has been the most influential person in your life? What did they teach you?
My mother has been the most influential person in my life. She has taught me the importance of pursuing a higher education. In America we mostly take our public education for granted, but there are may people in this world that would give their life to have the right to a public education. The sacrifices she made in order to pursue a college education have shown me the importance of education.

If you had the chance, what would you do differently in your life?
I would redo my eighth grade year. I felt like I worried to much about what my next step in life would be, instead of enjoying my eighth grade year. I also felt like a puppet on strings, that was being manipulated by my desire to be accepted by my teacher.

What fictional character do you compare yourself with?
I compare myself to Hermione from Harry Potter, because we are both willing to fight and stand up for what we believe. We also enjoy learning new things.

What has been your biggest disappointment in life?
My biggest disappointment has been not continuing my passion for soccer.

What's your biggest fear?
My biggest fear is losing any of my family members.

What do you feel the most grateful for in your life?
I am most grateful for my supportive family. They are my motivation.

What are you doing after graduation?
I am going to to be working as a recreational counselor and spending time with my family. I will also be preparing myself to start my first quarter at Cal Poly.

How would you like to be remembered?
I would like to be remember as someone that liked to make people laugh and who cared about the well-being of others. I actually really want to contribute to the knowledge of modern science.

0 comments: