Manuel Solis

What are your thoughts on HS?
High school is a crazy, fun, depressing, fast, life changing experience. You meet new people that influence your daily life. It's the place that shapes you up to the person you will become in the future.

What is the most embarrassing moment you have had in high school?
When I ripped my shirt and everyone at school could see my armpits. I didn't realize it until my friend pointed it out.

What is your most memorable moment, either in or out of HS?
Playing at the 2015 Big Show with the RHS Marimba Band. It was filled with so much energy and since I've only been in one it makes it 10x more special to me.

Can you tell me one of your happiest childhood memories?
The happiest childhood memory for me is when I went to Six Flags with my brothers and cousins. It was my first time there and I didn't want to go on the big rides but my cousins made me. Even though I felt like I was gunna die, at the end of the day I had a blast and had a new story to tell.

What has been your biggest hardship in life?
When my dad was an alcoholic and we had to live with my aunts and uncles. Thankfully he became a religious man and changed his ways.

What are you proudest of? Why?
My proudest moment was when I got my license, because I knew that I was gunna be able to help out my mom by picking up my brothers and helping her with groceries. Especially so that she can stay home and take care of my grandma.

How has HS changed you?
HS changed my views on life and people. My freshman year I was shy and lacked confidence, but as I aged I realized that it doesn't matter who you are as long as you're happy with yourself.

Who has been the most influential person in your life? What did they teach you?
My mom has been the most influential because she has always been there for me and truly does care about me. She taught me that no matter what you may be going through, God is by your side day by day.

If you had the chance, what would you do differently in your life?
I wish I would have done more activities and joined more clubs in HS, because it really helps you stay out of trouble and allows you to develop social and leadership skills.

What fictional character do you compare yourself with?
I compare myself with Goku from Dragon Ball Z ..but without the muscles ha-ha because he is a caring person and would go out of his way to help others out... I feel like that is my mentality.

What has been your biggest disappointment in life?
When I was in 8th grade and I was on the edge of not gradating. I let my mom down big time because I showed that I didn't care about myself or my future.

What's your biggest fear?
My biggest fear is being unable to provide for my family. I want to help my parents out because they work hard every day to provide for me and if I can't provide for them when they're older that shows that I did not work hard enough.

What do you feel the most grateful for in your life?
To have a caring family that supports me. They are basically my spine, they keep me straight.

What are you doing after graduation?
After I graduate HS I will finish my GE and then become a sound technician.

How would you like to be remembered?
I would like to be remembered as that kid that tried his best to be nice to everyone, even though there are many people out there who are annoying. I would also like to be remembered as a respectful gentleman.

0 comments: