Maria Mendoza



What is the most embarrassing moment you have had in high school?
My most embarrassing moment in high school was blushing when a boy talked to me. I guess I'm insecure when boys talk to me, but no matter my confidence level I will blush until I get comfortable. But once I blush and I feel it I bush even more.

What is your most memorable moment, either in or out of HS?
My most memorable moment has to be traveling to NY by myself, I felt independent and it amazing to see how a girl from a small town can make it big.

Can you tell me one of your happiest childhood memories?
Happiest childhood memory has to be going to the county fair with my parents and looking at the farm animals, it's a tradition we still do.

What has been your biggest hardship in life?
My biggest hardship was loosing my grandma and finding out through FB. My parents wanted me to go to work peacefully but instead I was heartbroken on loosing the kindest person I knew.

What are you proudest of? Why?
 I'm proudest of staying true to myself, and always getting my feet wet into new things, I've been scared but never let that stop me.

How has HS changed you?
High school hasn't changed me I think life changes you and the experiences you go through.

Who has been the most influential person in your life? What did they teach you?
My dad has been the most influential person in my life he has taught me to believe in myself and work hard to get to where I want to be.

If you had the chance, what would you do differently in your life?
 If I could do something different in my life I would do a sport I never did that growing up and I believe doing a sport teaches you a lot on how to work together.

What fictional character do you compare yourself with?
I compare myself to the little girl that gets all of Andy's toy she looks a lot like me when I was little, I try to always  be happy and carefree.

What has been your biggest disappointment in life?
My biggest disappoint in high school has to slacking of in my math class this year, I didn't need this stress on senior year.

What's your biggest fear?
My biggest fear is turning off the light and I have to leap on to my bed cause I think something is going to get my feet.

What do you feel the most grateful for in your life?
I'm most grateful about having my family supporting me and helping me pursue education. In a Hispanic family sometimes this is not common, they are my rock.

What are you doing after graduation?
After graduation I will be working, taking a hiking trip, and moving to SB to go to school, UCSB.

How would you like to be remembered?
I would love to be remembered as someone that was not afraid of a challenge and was always laughing at my spontaneous doings.

0 comments: