Jisu Yoon



What is the most embarrassing moment you have had in high school?
When Dr Preston gave us a journal prompt asking what is your ice cream moment. I thought maybe he's asking for a sad moment, I thought it was a metaphor.

What is your most memorable moment, either in or out of HS?
This year when I checked.. I used to check my Cal Poly SLO portal every day.. and in English one day I checked my portal and it said "Congratulations", and I called my parents. I was so excited.

Can you tell me one of your happiest childhood memories?
It would be when I was in Korea I had myself and two other friends I knew since I was three. My mom was friends with their moms and we would hang out everyday. We would ride bikes every day and be loud, and all the neighbors knew us. I haven't seen them for like 8 years but I still talk to them. .
What has been your biggest hardship in life?
Me personally I didn't have a hardship, but when we moved here I saw my parents going through hardships. I don't have many hardships, maybe when I'm hungry... Once I was really hungry and I started getting dizzy.

What are you proudest of? Why?
When I got my PG&E veterans scholrship, I usually get help for scholarships, like from a teacher or friend, but that one I wrote by myself and I actually got it.

How has HS changed you?
Joining AVID changed me a lot, I have closer friends and they made me get more confidence.

Who has been the most influential person in your life? What did they teach you?
My sister cause she came here when she was a freshman and in four years she made it into UC Berkely and it's a great accomplishment. She taught me that things are possible if you work hard.

If you had the chance, what would you do differently in your life?
To think more positive cause I tend to think negative and that can be bad sometimes; try to be a happier person.

What has been your biggest disappointment in life?
I don't really have one.

What's your biggest fear?
Any insects that can fly, especially if they make noise, I go crazy. Any flying insects.

What do you feel the most grateful for in your life?
My family. My friends. I'm blessed.

What are you doing after graduation?
I am enjoying my summer with my family. Then I'm going to college, to Cal Poly SLO. But I'll still be close to Santa Maria, so I'll visit.

How would you like to be remembered?
As a happy person, but not as crazy happy, with respect.. as respectful.

0 comments: