David Martinez



What are your thoughts on HS?
 My thoughts on high school are both positive and negative. I've never really been the type of person who really enjoyed school. I only really enjoyed going for my art classes and because I got to see my friends, but it's still important to attend. I do think some things aren't completely necessary and, in a way, a waste of time, but we do learn some valuable stuff.


What is the most embarrassing moment you have had in high school?
My most embarrassing moment would have to be when I tripped over the chain railing at lunch trying to climb over to get across it faster.

What is your most memorable moment, either in or out of HS?
My most memorable moment was meeting my best friend Anna Eberhardt. She has helped me through so much and has helped me become the person I am today and I wouldn't know all the amazing people I know today if I hadn't met her first.

Can you tell me one of your happiest childhood memories?
One of my happiest childhood memories was when I found a stray kitten with my cousins, took it home, and owned a cat that day.

What has been your biggest hardship in life?
My biggest hardship in life has been my social anxiety. I struggle with some personal issues because of it.

What are you most proud of? Why?
I'm most proud of my talent in art. I've drawing since I could hold a pencil and now I'm working with makeup and developing a strong interest in cosmetology.

How has HS changed you?
High school has changed me in a social way. The people I met in high school have helped me with so much in my life and helped me to express myself a little more comfortably.

Who has been the most influential person in your life? What did they teach you?
My grandma is the most influential person in my life. She is the most down to earth person I know. I told her I was gay before I even told my parents and my grandma is very religious, but she was really sweet about it. She knows it's not her place to judge others and that's what she taught me.


If you had the chance, what would you do differently in your life?
 If I had a chance to change something in my life, I'd push myself to be out there at a younger age so that I'd be more comfortable and confident in myself before entering the real world.

What fictional character do you compare yourself with?
If I was a fictional character, I'd be Mitchell from Modern Family because he's gay, awkward, and basically me.

What has been your biggest disappointment in life?
My biggest disappointment in life isn't really one thing, but multiple things I could have done. Looking back I didn't do much and if I had the chance, I never took it.

What's your biggest fear?
My biggest fear is scrutiny. Everyone's opinions I take very, very personally. I can't help it, it's just how my mind works.

What do you feel the most grateful for in your life?
I'm most grateful for my talents, friends, and family.

What are you doing after graduation?
I really have no idea what I'm doing after graduation, but I hope life has great things in store for me.

How would you like to be remembered?
I'd like to be remembered for the person I am, but I'm most likely going to be remembered for my drawing skills, if I'm even remembered in the future.

0 comments: